Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Really Scary Bloodsuckers

From now until the end of May, I'll be holding a promo on YouTube.

For each view of the Minder book trailer, I'll donate a penny* to Nothing But Nets, a non-profit organization that distributes anti-malaria netting.

And, if you feel a penny's not enough, please go to their site and donate.

Please, watch the trailer. Feel free to up your view-count by watching it multiple times. Embed it on your sites and ask other people to watch it. I want to sell a ton of books, of course, but there are more important things out there, like saving helpless children from murderous bloodsuckers.

Oh, and spread the word: Telepaths are the new vampires.

"Penny for your thoughts? Nah, I can get 'em for free."

* I gotta cap this at $1000, since I'm a struggling writer.
That would be 100,000 views, which would be amazing.




From now until the end of May, author Kate Kaynak will donate 1-cent for every view of this trailer (up to 100,000) to Nothing But Nets (www.nothingbutnets.net), a charity that helps protect kids from malaria. Please watch as many times as you like, embed it on your sites or blogs, or link to the YouTube page via Twitter or Facebook. It's a win-win: people hear about the book while saving the lives of children.

MINDER, the first book in the Ganzfield series, comes out in June. Pre-order on Amazon, com, BarnesandNoble.com, or Ganzfield.com.

Sixteen-year-old Maddie Dunn is special, but she needs to figure out how to use her new abilities before somebody else gets hurt. The training facility at Ganzfield isn't exactly a nurturing place.

Every social interaction carries the threat of mind-control.

A stray thought can burn a building to the ground.

And people's nightmares don't always stay in their own heads.

But it's still better than New Jersey.
Especially once she meets the man of her dreams...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

CREDITS

Trailer Art: Katie Diamond
Music: "Angels" by Glenridge. Used with permission.
Editing: Peter Alton
VO: Mary Alton


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lv6eC3E-9k

7 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

If you put this up on your blog, please comment and let me know!

fairyhedgehog said...

I love the music to this and the film really gets across to me a feeling of danger.

Will your book be available from amazon.co.uk?

Disgruntled Bear said...

Hi fairyhedgehog,
Yes! I submitted the paperwork for my distributor, so I should have the ability to take orders through the Ganzfield website and amazon.uk by the release date. Thanks for asking!

fairyhedgehog said...

That's great! I'll look forward to seeing it on the uk site.

StephTheBookworm said...

Wow, that's an incredible cause. You are truly doing something great. A close friend of mine is from Africa. He is one of the Lost Boys and is home in Sudan right now for a visit. His one year old nephew has Malaria. The baby is a sweetheart and I have seen many pictures of him. I am even friends with his father on Facebook and chat frequently with him. He says the baby has medication and is getting better day by day. Thank you for choosing such a wonderful cause. I will watch the trailer repeatedly and spread the word!!!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks so much, Steph! I visited sub-Saharan Africa a decade ago, and the experience really opened my eyes. I've supported Nothing But Nets for a while now; they do great work!

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Pengobatan Penyakit Kulit Herbal
Obat Infeksi Kulit
Cara Menghilangkan Flek Paru Paru